Monday, August 17, 2020

Starting with the ESP32: like learning to drive a truck after driving a car.


OLIMEX ESP32-POE-ISO

It's Alive!!! As explained in my last post, I had to go back to the beginning with this board in order to understand it and development more complex projects. I'm using the Arduino IDE on my MacBook Pro to create a Python3 sketch and flash it (via serial connection over usb) to the ESP32, which has been wired up with an LED on a development board. 


The next step was to integrate a switch that would be read by a GPIO, triggering another GPIO to turn on / off an LED. This is what the development board looks like:

You may notice that the red and white wires are attached to a 1/4" instrument jack & cable. This is sent to the physical foot switch plate that I've been working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment